It’s healthy to have a variety of friends, but sometimes it’s hard to individualize a Christmas gift for all the friends you dearly love. Each friend is so different – they all have their own interests and personality traits that make them unique and frankly, hard to shop for. We’ve selected some hard-to-shop for personality types and selected a few gift ideas to alleviate some shopping stress this Christmas.
Your environmentalist friend loves being outdoors and goes out of the way to care for the earth. You struggle finding something for her because you don’t want to buy her something that she would find “wasteful.”
- Give her something useful, like a hat that covers their neck and head while she’s taking her long hikes out in nature.
- Find something inspirational like a water bottle with scripture, a favorite quote or poetry.
- Present her with a self-made recycled gift such as a bookmark made from dried leaves and flowers.
For your friend who is very simple and deeply focused on her faith, it’s hard to give her anything elaborate for fear of offending her. Keep in mind that she is very thoughtful and would love any gift that would remind her of you or strengthen her faith.
- A journal is something she can use religiously as she prays, memorizes scripture and studies the Bible.
- Share a friendly gesture by having one of your favorite pictures framed in a simple, yet elegant frame.
- Give your friend a very delicate cross bracelet that isn’t too flashy, but something that she can openly wear and cherish.
An advocate always has some hope or desire for the future. Even though some of her ideas may not match perfectly with yours, you love her passion and support her entirely.
- Provide her the resources she needs by giving her a set of sturdy, yet fun, markers to help her express her thoughts and ideas to the world.
- A pair of socks with a symbol of one of her causes, or hopes for the future will become a favorite as she marches to campaigns or even paces in her room contemplating a futuristic world
- Give her a globe or a world map that she can mark and label places she’s praying for, movements she wants to be a part of or evils she wants to see eradicated.
Your sensate friend is very in tune to her senses. She feels and perceives everything, letting it all soak in.
- The most obvious gift for your friend allows her to relax while invigorating her senses through bath salts, lotions, body spray, chocolates, soothing music and candles.
- Give her a cozy gift of a super soft sweater or sweatshirt, a beautifully decorated candle holder with a scented candle and tasty hot coco mix.
- Items that help her capture her observations such as a camera, journal or sketch book and a decorative box that she can store some of her precious memories in.
Your friend has the most thoughtful and giving heart. She’s always thinking of others and giving things away. Provide her an avenue to share some of her own creations.
- Buy her any type of craft making kit that will allow her to make something to give to someone she loves such as a jewelry or candle making kit.
- Present her with a cook book of delicacies that she can make for others.
- Provide decorative bags, boxes, tins and containers that your friend can use to give her personalized gifts away. Be sure to fill one with something special and meaningful for your friend.
Your friend is a classic. She has a timeless style, conservative approach to life and a romantic heart.
- Give her roses. Yellow is the color of friendship, but honestly you can give her any color (or a variety of colors). Find a timeless vase to display them in.
- A friendship necklace is a truly enduring gift for any traditionalist. She will cherish it always.
- Share a box of assorted chocolates so your friend can indulge on something sweet.
Nothing gets past your Brainiac friend. She seems to know everything, and then some. That’s what you admire about her. But, what do you get for someone who knows everything?
- A book may seem a little too simple, so give her a gift certificate to her favorite bookstore so she can gain more knowledge on the subject she’s currently researching.
- Give her a book of favorite or famous quotes, then personalize it by adding your own thoughts on the pages. Reading the depths of your heart will make a huge impact on her
- Subscribe to a magazine or journal on her favorite subject.
Your super optimistic friend is always supportive and the world’s personal cheerleader. Give her a gift that will help her strengthen her already awesome characteristic or something that will cheer her on!
- Give her a personalized soundtrack of uplifting and encouraging songs. Ones that make you think of her!
- Buy her a fitness kit that includes free weights, a yoga mat, water bottle and a variety of workout exercises so she can keep herself strong and active.
- The sun is a perfect reflection of your friend, so give her a pillow of the sun, a little figurine or beautiful picture to hang on her wall.
A pensive person is always thinking and meditating on something. Your friend always seems so deep in thought that you hate to interrupt.
- Be intentional with a dinner out and ice cream for dessert, just the two of you, so you can enjoy a long conversation.
- Don’t just give her another journal that she can write her thoughts in, write some thought-provoking and inspirational quotes on the pages and include some meditative music.
- Give her a craft box full of materials to make various collages. Then, set a monthly date for the two of you to get together to create collages together on a particular subject, quote or experience.
Do you have a friend with a unique personality that’s hard to shop for? We’d love to hear the creative and inspirational gifts you’ve given her. Or, what are the most meaningful gifts you’ve received and why?