How to Accessorize for a Covid Prom
Prom is here and you can’t figure out how to pull off your look while wearing a face mask. Don’t look at your mask as a hindrance, it’s simply another accessory you must factor into your prom fashion. Since your face is the primary figure of your prom look, finding a mask that you love is incredibly important. Select a beautiful mask that compliments your personality as well as your dress and add accessories around your dress/mask combination. Here are four masks that we love with some tips on how to add embellishment as well as a line-up of trendy accessories for prom.
Satin Mask Prom Accessory
Depending on its color, a satin mask can be bold or elegant. Go matchy-matchy with your dress and mask by wearing the same color mask as your dress. Since a satin mask has a sheen, you want to go light on accessories and place them strategically.
- Hair and Hands: Keep hair accessories very simple and minimal with rhinestone barrettes. Then place a series of dainty rings on your fingers to add sparkle without too much bulk.
- Earrings: Your earrings are where you want to embrace your glam.
- Necklace: A necklace may be an accessory you want to overlook, however, if you decide to wear one, select a delicate piece of jewelry.
- Clutch: Opt out of a clutch, or find a satin version that compliments your mask. But, don’t do an exact match. Perhaps go a shade darker or lighter. David’s Bridal has dyeable bags with a plethora of colors to choose from.
- Shoes: Add a bit of shine to your feet with heels embellished with rhinestones, glitter and gems.
Accessorize for Prom with a Crystal Face Mask
A crystal mask with loads of sparkle can be glam or in-your-face. Sweeten your look with a crystal tiara and sparkly wedges. Or create an edge with a chunky clutch or embellished sneakers. In either case, add dangly earrings. If you’re craving more sparkle and shine, add a pendant necklace, but it is not necessary.
Accessories for Prom include a Floral Mask
A lot of prom accessories have a floral motif, so be careful to create a balance. Add some clean lines to your floral patterns. Offset a leafy headband with a striking envelope clutch. Or, don a geometric cuff to balance the proportions of an elaborate floral necklace. As for shoes, wear a sweet silhouette.
Sparkle and Shine at Prom with a Star Face Mask Accessory
A metallic mask is a playful statement piece that adds a lot of punch to your prom look. It’s important to be strategic with your accessories for prom so your mask adds to your overall look, and doesn’t deter from it! Avoid big, bulky necklaces and hair accessories. Rather, focus on modern earrings and a complimentary bracelet or cuff. Then add a simple sandal in matching metallic or with slight glimmer. If you want another statement piece, make it your clutch. You can carry an all metallic purse, one with studs or one that glistens all over. The main key to pulling off metallics, is make sure you’re matching the same color. Rose Gold is super trendy this year, silver is a classic and gold is a natural selection.