Look at yourself in the mirror. What do you see? If you’re a typical teenager, you zero in on your flaws. If you’re a typical teenager, you don’t see how your real beauty naturally outshines your flaws. If you’re a typical teenager, you don’t realize that you’re the only person in the world who sees your flaws. If you’re a typical teenager, you don’t realize how much the people around you love and cherish you. If you’re a typical teenager, you don’t understand your worth and value.
During the season of love, as you find yourself focusing on the minor negativities in your life, remind yourself of the beauty and love that resides around you. Don’t forget how Christ loved you so much that He sacrificed Himself, so you could understand true love. Allow yourself to see the beauty that the rest of the world always sees. If you need a little nudge, speak the following truths to yourself and spend some time thinking about them until they become palpable. These truths aren’t just heavenly, they are the workings of a mighty and loving God:
- At least 5 people in this world love you so much they would die for you. Count them on one hand.
- At least 15 people in this world love you in some way! Love is a tremendous gift.
- If someone would ever hate you, it’s because he or she wants to be just like you. You’re beautiful.
- Your smile can bring happiness to anyone, even if he or she doesn’t like you. Put on a smile.
- Every night, there’s someone who thinks about you before he or she goes to sleep. Sweet dreams.
- You mean the world to someone. Share that world with him or her.
- If not for you, someone may not be living. You have saved a life.
- You are special and unique; a precious daughter of God.
- Someone that you don’t even know exists loves you. Who could that be? The possibilities are endless.
- God will turn your biggest mistakes into something good. Choose not to live in fear.
- When you think the world has turned its back on you, take some time to look and make sure you didn’t turn your back on the world.
- When there’s something you really desire in life, believe in yourself, so sooner or later you’ll receive what you pursue.
- Always remember the compliments you receive. Forget about the rude remarks.
- Tell someone how you feel about him or her. You’ll feel satisfied when he or she knows.
- Take time to let your friends and loved ones know that they’re great. They reflect your character, so you are great as well!
Now that you see how you’re surrounded by love and are capable of giving heartwarming love, thank the Lord for His gift of love.
We love you and cherish you.
Happy Valentine’s Day!